Multi-Skilled Engineer DAYS, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
THIS ROLE IS DAYS BASED
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company.
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will be responsible for carrying out planned predictive and reactive maintenance of the plant, ensuring that all equipment is maintained correctly and in a timely manner in order for manufacturing to operate efficiently.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, responsibilities are as follows:
• Efficient diagnosis and correction of electrical and mechanical faults across site
• Installation and commissioning of all new and repaired machinery and equipment
• Assist Manufacturing with machinery adjustments, changeovers and set up
• Machine performance improvements and reduction of downtime through your own ideas and input & support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Take an active role in the Health and Safety requirements on site on behalf of the Engineering Department
• Be able to work unsupervised when tasked to do so and to organise the work of others, where relevant, in response to the site needs
• Manage and support the activities of all engineering contractors when they are on site
• Produce and maintain documents relating to the administration of all engineering tasks
• The job holder is required to do all tasks considered as relevant by his line manager
Multi Skilled Requirements
• Relevant engineering qualification
• Able to prove competency in all forms of isolation, electrical safety & safe panel entry .
• Experience of FMCG operations
• PC literate as you will be required to use computer based maintenance systems.
• Flexibility is an essential requirement of this role in order to meet departmental / business needs.
• Health and Safety driven.
• Strong communication skills, able to work within a team or own initiative with a positive can-do attitude
• Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative
• To be a role model for the operatives in assisting and driving agreed standards
• To mentor apprenticeships and succession planning in line with the business strategy
• Able to strip machines in full and reassemble them, as well as completing machine size change procedures and their adjustments
• Electrical qualification and training – e.g. 17th Edition
• PLC fault findings/diagnostic
• Basic welding, fabrication and machining skills
• Understand and have worked with pressure vessel systems
• Understand and appreciate the operation of main steam raising plants inc basic boiler house routines
• Fully understand air conditioning systems and process air plants inc chilled water system, dehumidification systems etc
• An appreciation of process line services inc, steam pipe work and condensate recover, compressed air, hot and cold water supply and food process pipe work
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.