Quality Manager, North East Scotland
Location: North East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
My client, a well known producer in the industry requires a QA Manager for their facility in the North of Scotland .
The duties [not an exhaustive list] are:
-Microbiology and verification of results, including investigations and corrective results
- Product environmental issues [water and shelf life]
- Customer non-conformances – [root cause / investigation / corrective action]
- Internal audits in conjunction with the Technical Manager / QA Team
- Audits along with Technical Manager
- Traceability exercises
- HACCP [working as part of / coordinating with the HACCP team]
- Management of the QA team [5 with plans to increase to 11]
- Working closely with the production managers and teams
- Working closely with the SMT.
- Administration of company / customer information.
You will have a strong working knowledge of QA procedures and the legislation that applies to the food industry; including HACCP.
You will hold IOSHH Managing Safely and ideally a Level 3 in Food Safety/ Level 3 in HACCP.
You will have experience in the process of both internal and external audits.
You will manage a small team and have experience in people management.
There will be extensive training of which you will be fully supported.
The hours are 40 per week and the salary is dependent on experience.