Technical Manager, South West Scotland
Location: South West Scotland
Job type: Permanent
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
REPORT TO: Factory Manager
Overall purpose of job:
• Ensuring all food safety and quality assurance policies and procedures are followed.
• Monitoring, verification and documentation associated with adherence to regulations.
• Managing a QA teams.
• Ensuring full compliance with customer and regulatory requirements relating to product quality, safety and legality.
• Collating traceability information for raw materials/finished products.
• Maintain specifications and associated documents.
• Responsible for maintain and coordinating internal audits.
• Ensuring staff are fully trained in all current quality and hygiene procedures.
• Ensuring that all the paperwork associated with the FSSC technical standard is kept up to date and stored in a manner so as to make retrieval quick and easy.
• Implementing and maintain all Quality and Hygiene standard and procedures as per the FSSC accredited system.
• All employees have a legal obligation to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and for that of others who may be affected by their actions including colleagues, contractors, visitors and delivery staff.
The ideal candidate will hold the following
• Degree or food qualification
• Working understanding of BRC
• Experience within a chilled environment