Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: North East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Job Title: Continuous Improvements Manager - (neg)
My client has to be one of the biggest brands found in any most house hold in the UK and further afield. Due to recent growth they are looking for the ideal candidate who has an understanding (further studies) within Continuous Improvement experience preferably within the FMCG industry.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and responsible for challenging the efficiency of all business processes and creating a culture of continuous improvement within the company.
• Identify areas of inefficiency within the production process and develop solutions to remove or improve the process at these points.
• Benchmark business processes across the site to develop best practice
• Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture appropriate teams building, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and project management.
• Seeks and evaluates process improvement and lean information, materials, and methods, to match specific departmental needs as outlined by management, and adapts them to use in the execution of process improvement.
• Provides tracking information that monitors the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits. Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify
• Actively participate in the continuous improvement network across the Group
• Use Lean Sigma tools to help identify areas of improvement and coach others within the business.
• Ensure improvements are actioned in accordance with the sites due diligence food safety and legal requirements
• To develop and influence a culture of Continuous Improvement
• Support the Production Managers to deliver tangible improvements relative to the process and work with others to identify improvement opportunities. Providing local area ownership to larger projects managed by the central team and working with the internal teams to facilitate the delivery of projects.
• Contribute positively and be actively involved in Green/Yellow belt initiatives
• Pursue a right-first-time approach in relation to right product, right place, right time, at the right cost
Skills and Experience Required
•Reducing waste, implementing efficiency-promoting practices, and continuously improving operations
•Understanding and appreciation of health and safety, hygiene, quality, food hygiene and legality.
•Involved in at least Green/Yellow belt initiatives
•Experience working within a chilled / frozen environment
•Experience working within a lean manufacturing environment
This role is suited for a heavy hitting CI Manager or a candidate who is looking to step up from an operational role into a more CI focussed position
Kaizen, 6 sigma, Yellow belt, Green belt, Black belt, continuous improvement, Lean manufacturing