Security Technical Services Analyst, North West England
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
IT Security Analyst - Infrastructure
Citrix, troubleshooting, XenServer, SQL, Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky
IT Security Analyst required to join a leading manufacturer in Manchester.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure the companies IT landscape is secure and protected from external and internal cyber threats.You will be working closely with the service desk, technical services, infrastructure and SAP teams to ensure a focused, structured and coordinated approach to the provision and delivery of information technology throughout the group.
Developing close working relationships with all members of the Group Information Systems (GIS) team is required to make sure that cyber security standards are developed, managed and reported on.
- Demonstrable experience working in a Microsoft Enterprise environment.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice/security hardening a variety of operating systems, applications, devices.
- Experience working in a busy environment providing technical support to a large user base.
- Citrix design, administration and troubleshooting. XenApp, XenDesktop, XenMobile, Storefront, NetScaler etc.
- Practical experience managing virtualised environments – XenServer (Citrix Hypervisor), Hyper V etc.
- Experience deploying, securing and managing endpoints and servers with anti-virus and full disk encryption solutions. E.g Sophos, Kaspersky, Bitlocker
- Experience maintaining equipment; patching applications, patching operating systems and hardware/firmware.
- Experience deploying, managing desktop applications and operating system deployments (Desktop and servers).
- Scripting knowledge .
- Working knowledge of computer & server hardware, storage area networks (SAN’s), network switches, cabling etc.
- Experience managing backup, restore and DR solutions.
- Database administration, including installation, backup and recovery of Microsoft SQL Server.
- A knowledge of networks, TCP/IP, WIFI, WAN & LAN.
- Experience producing high quality documentation and reports as required.
This is a brand new position within the IT team and an excellent opportunity to take ownership of IT security procedures.
On offer is a competitive salary, a generous pension scheme, private healthcare and onsite parking.
For more information ask for Max Lynn at the Manchester office.