Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, North East England
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Hours: 4 on /4 off (6-6 days) / (6-6 nights)
I am currently recruiting for an exciting role based in County Durham. The client are a leading manufacturer in packaging and are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team in a fast paced, demanding environment. They are an extremely innovative company, and you will be coming on board during a critical time as they expand their business.
• To prioritise maintenance of plant and equipment as necessary to ensure the effective running of the production facility.
• To take direct responsibility for fault diagnosis, rectification and modification of production plant and machinery.
• To respond quickly and effectively to plant and machinery breakdowns.
• To read layout, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings.
• To develop and adhere to the site PPM programme, implementing and recommending improvements.
• To support the successful introduction of new manufacturing equipment and services.
• To operate panel vision driven equipment.
• To liaise with Maintenance Manager to arrange the purchase of equipment, materials and/or parts as necessary.
• To provide reasonable holiday and sickness absence cover in line with Company requirements.
• To carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
• Time served and/or completed a recognised engineering qualification (City & Guilds, ONC/HNC)
• Apprentice trained (ideal)
• Previous experience in FMCG manufacturing (production line environment)
• 17th Edition qualified (ideal)
• Capable of working independently or as part of a team
• Ability to take responsibility for running of shift
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to use initiative and organise own workload
• Ability to demonstrate ability to solve problems
If this sounds like something you are interested in then please apply within or by contacting me on 0161 833 0181 or by email at Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org