Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity for a motivated, hard-working individual to join a growing team in a small machine building business as a Mechanical Engineer. The purpose of the role is to provide a hands on engineering support in the workshop.
• Working off mechanical drawings to build machines
• Assembly and fitting of the machines
• Perform hands-on engineering support in the workshop
• Use skills and experience to improve site efficiency
• Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
• Working to timescales.
• Work as a contributory engineering team member.
• Workshop Based, within 5 minutes of M1 Junc 40
• £24,000 to £28,000 depending on skills and experience
• Company contributory pension
• 22.5 days holiday increasing to 25 after 5 years service + Stats
• Workwear provided
• Work hours: Monday-Thursday 07.00 – 16.00 (0.25hr tea break/0.5hr lunch)
Friday 07.00-13.00 (0.25hr tea break)
Experience / Education / Skills
• Ideally, Time Served Apprentice Trained in Mechanical Engineering or Bench Fitting
• Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings
• Mechanical fitting and assembly of mechanical components such as: Precision machined parts in various materials including Ball Screws / Lead Screws / Belt / Pulleys / Chain Drives / Linear Slides
• Experience working with conveyors / Motors / Gearboxes / Pipe Fitting (small diameter - below 2" Bore)
• Valves / Nozzles
• Pneumatics / Hydraulics
• Ideally from a packaging machinery / process machinery assembly background
• Experience of field service work, on-site installations would be a benefit
• Ability to operate machine tools (Lathe, Milling Machine, etc…) would be a benefit
• Electrical / PLC programming / Cabinet wiring would be a bonus.
• Pneumatic circuit design would be a bonus
If this role sounds like it is for you then please do not hesitate to get in contact! Apply by either calling Jacob on 0161 833 0181 or by email at Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org