Meat Technologist- Home Based with travel, Home Based
Location: Home Based
Job type: Permanent
HOME BASED ROLE WITH TRAVEL
My client is an extremely successful Meat business currently looking to recruit for a Technologist...
Responsible for management of risk within all aspects of the customer specific category from a product perspective. This includes; product briefs, product launches, product specifications, legal governance, conformity certification, product & process controls, customer and supplier liaison.
Reports to Technical Manager
• To be first point of contact for technical and quality enquiries for specific accounts. Pro-actively manage these Key Accounts and support both the Account Manager and the customer’s Technical Team.
• Carry out regular product quality reviews for the specific accounts in order to guarantee product consistency, and report findings back to both the supplying site and the customer technical team.
• Within the allocated product category, to assist in the development of raw materials and conversions, to include formulation, packaging, labelling and specification, for customer account and site approval.
• To work with technologists and the supplying sites to facilitate the smooth launch of products.
• To build an understanding of the way in which products are made and controlled within the factory through factory visits and attendance at trials and first productions.
• The ownership and preparation of product specifications and process flows and an awareness of any changing UK and EU legal or safety requirements affecting those specifications.
• Prepare and submit customer specifications on the required intranet systems. To ensure regular review of all specifications in conjunction with Technologists at supplying sites to ensure they accurately reflect any product and process changes.
• In conjunction with the Technical Manager to ensure that supplying sites are aware of and comply with customer technical requirements. UK and EU Law.
• To be integral to the development of new products within the defined product category, to include formulation, process and process controls, packaging, labelling and specification for customer comment and approval.
• To be conversant with UK retailer codes of practice.
• To request investigations and provide technical responses to customer queries or complaints within the designated product category.
• Accompany UK customer Technical Visits to sites and provide technical assistance and product knowledge where needed.
• Attend customer meetings to provide technical expertise and product knowledge as and when required, and help to build relationships with our customers.
The role holder requires a sound understanding of UK retailer and foodservice technical requirements and must maintain awareness of future developments.
You will ideally be a graduate in a food technology science or related subject and have verbal/written communications skills and possess a high level of numeric skills. You must have a sound understanding of HACCP, product development systems, and process controls and a working knowledge of animal welfare and supplier auditing and must be fully computer literate.
This position will involve travelling to various production sites in UK and Europe to carry out factory trials, assist in customer visits and supervise first production runs.
Bonus: £3k for a full calendar year 50% personal performance / 50% based on company growth targets
4% employer pension contribution (SMART Scheme)
4 x salary life cover
Health Cash Plan
22 days holiday + Bank Holidays. Rising to 25 days for every full calendar year worked
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.