Warehouse Operations Manager
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a leading independent catering wholesaler. A vacancy has arisen for a Warehouse Operations Manager, to be based in the company’s Midlothian division.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager to gain further experience and progression within the FMCG industry.
• To take responsibility for operational, day-to-day management and delivery of high quality customer service and care
• Support the delivery of various food products, alongside the department’s service levels, particularly in ensuring that all resources within the Distribution/Logistics areas are at their optimum capacity
• Ensure that all depot areas including internal and external storage areas are well maintained and secure, providing a safe working environment for all
• Provide leadership in all aspects of Distribution/Logistics, and play an proactive role in the improvement and delivery of these services
• Staff management, development and motivation of a team to meet performance targets, and provide an excellent customer focussed service
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers and other stakeholders to ensure the delivery of excellent service at all levels.
• Must have considerable, adequate experience of a similar role, and be able to demonstrate competence within a dynamic warehousing environment
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in successfully delivering the Logistics/Transport functions of a large organisation
• Must have effective negotiation and communication skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing , and able to demonstrate a sound ability to analyse complex issues, with effective resolution
• Experience of delivering excellent customer-focussed services within budget constraints – essential
• Diplomacy, sensitivity and tact to deal with the range of staffing issues which can arise
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively work in partnership with a range of stakeholders, including suppliers, in order to produce positive outcomes for all parties
What’s on Offer?
• £40-50k salary plus benefits
• Genuine opportunity for career progression, professional growth and enhanced FMCG experience
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity then please upload your CV today. If you have any questions please contact Martin Bryce at DR Newitt.