Manufacturing Manager, North East England
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a leading and, award manufacturer. We are delighted to assist them in their search for a Manufacturing Manager at their site in North East England.
This is an exciting role to help continue and uphold the well-established and traditional production processes in place. Reporting into the Operations Director, you will be responsible for the day to day management of production, ensuring control and development of production functions. This will also include compliance with Health, Safety, all legal requirements and environmental legislation.
• Manage, support, challenge and develop the production teams to achieve all production-based objectives within set cost parameters.
• Continually drive down cost to produce, whilst energising CI drive for excellence.
• Liaise with all Shift Team Leaders to ensure smooth and effective running of the lines.
• Resolve technical/operational issues occurring on a day to day basis.
• Ensure all specifications are adhered to in the manufacture of products.
• Ensure that all Hygiene, Health & Safety requirements are met.
• Ensure all areas of due diligence are covered so securing the factories products from external and internal scrutiny.
• Monitor and audit process controls and overall product quality.
• Highlight areas of profit efficiency and product improvement. Work with Shift Leaders and peer group members, together with other key staff to compile relevant action plans, manage implementation and track results.
• Interface on new product trials and introductions.
• Continuously review options to reduce all manufacturing costs and improve competitiveness.
• Actively promote manage and lead all relevant continuous improvement activities, including SIC meetings, and continually look for ways to improve the businesses cost to produce.
• Ensure the production tracker is compiled correctly, accurately, and in a timely fashion.
• Ensure a full and detailed shift handover takes place at the start of each shift with the outgoing Shift Manager, and the relevant paperwork is delivered to the Operations Director immediately following.
• Responsible for ensuring the factory is continually delivering the highest levels of housekeeping and GMP standards.
• All applicants will need to have food or drinks manufacturing employment experience
• A strong and inspirational leader who sets the highest of examples in all facets of the role
• Flexibility in being able to manage a number of priorities and agendas
• Demonstrates positive measured behaviours aligned to a senior management position
• Sets the example for others to follow
• Shows enthusiasm and willingness in getting the job done
• Achieves high challenging goals with appropriate measures
• Remains focused through difficult and challenging times
• Contributes to overall drive within the business including contribution to areas outside of their immediate area of responsibilities
What’s of offer?
• A competitive starting salary
• 29 days annual leave
• Standard working hours are 40 hours per week, typically 09.00am – 17.00 with a 30 minute lunch break, Monday – Friday. Flexibility for business position demands are required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated professional. If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com or call 01312265060.