Sector: Chemical Manufacturing
Job type: Permanent
Our client are a subsidiary of a c£9bn turnover global speciality chemical company with a strong established position in the market. They manufacture a range of advanced materials, additives and speciality chemicals and fibres that are found in everyday products used throughout the world.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and driven Manufacturing Manager for their site based in Newport.
Ultimately you will be will be responsible for the safe and reliable operation of all the production units on site.
•You will set the tone for the standards expected within the production areas and hold people accountable in support of set targets.
• Champion the zero-incident mindset and ensuring basic safety expectations are met and that all production operations are carried out safely.
• You will understand the process hazards in the areas and be able to respond effectively to process issues and equipment failures in each plant.
• Demonstrate effective leadership to a team of around 80 employees (5 direct reports) and will be responsible for their performance, development and motivation.
• Lead performance improvement initiatives in the production units and assist in troubleshooting where needed.
• You will maintain a professional business relationship with guest operations, interpreting their requirements and allocating their resources effectively.
• You will be responsible for the production area budgets, working with your reports to minimise unnecessary wastage in raw materials, utilities and cost.
The Ideal Person
• A minimum of a Degree level qualification within an engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Relevant experience in managing a team, including managing performance objectives and targets.
• Proven track record in production management.
• People manager with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels through the organisation.
• Good technical background; able to contribute to plant discussions and solve process issues.
• Organizational and project development/management skills.
• Strong personal commitment and takes ownership for the task at hand.
If this role is of interest please contact Stuart Tomkinson directly or click the link below.