Maintenance / Project Engineer
Job type: Permanent
I am currently working with a very innovative food manufacturer based in South Wales who are currently looking for an electrically biased engineer to boost their team as they head into an exciting period of growth. The company specialises in the development, manufacture and supply of sauces, condiments and ingredients to large and SME food manufacturing companies throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
Shifts: Days (Mon – Fri)
• Assist with all projects upcoming. The company is heading into a really exciting time and there will be a lot of project work to undertake.
• You will be supporting the Engineering Manager, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Assist with the delivery of multiple capital expenditure expansion projects including a new bottling line.
• Manage new bespoke processes and work closely with suppliers.
• Manage the installation and commissioning process and equipment validation.
• Wide range of machinery and equipment including – sachet-filling production machinery, bottling machinery, control systems, automation and mechanical systems.
• Ensure all equipment operates to the required outputs through effective execution of repair and preventative maintenance activity.
• Ensure effective use of inventory and spares (liaising with the Engineering Manager on any potential issues).
• Identify opportunities of improvement that will benefit the business in terms of performance, safety, efficiency and provide a cost benefits.
• Ideally formally recognised engineering qualifications/training.
• Fault finding experience in an electromechanical environment (mechanical/electrical/control skills), with a control bias.
• Experience in a high speed/volume manufacturing or food production-type environment.
• The ability to work independently and make informed, firm decisions.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Is a team player and can work effectively with other engineers on site.
• Experience within project engineering – CapEx and CI.
• Experience of working on multiple projects.
• Engineering background, experience and use of project planning package is essential.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied role with new challenges every day. Please apply no because this role will disappear soon!