Maintenance Mechanical Technician, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Role: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Shifts: Days (Mon-Fri/8-5)
D R Newitt have an exciting role based in Preston for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician (multi-skilled mechanical bias) to come on board with an exciting company within the food industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with a company expanding organically with big plans over the next 2 years. It is a very hands on role and will challenge you but ultimately be very rewarding.
• Work on the high-speed packaging lines
• Work closely with other members of the team to minimise downtime
• PPM’s/Scheduled maintenance
• Site/plant maintenance
• Work with flow-wrappers, slicing machines, metal detectors and check weighers
• Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
• Work from basic electrical drawings
• Project work
• Organise contractors on site
• Work with sensors, 3 phase motors and contactors
• Effective communication with the Engineering Manager, your colleagues and across the business in a professional manner.
• Adhere to health and Safety responsibilities at all times.
• Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
• Apprentice Trained
• City & Guilds Qualified
• 3 years experience within the food industry as a mechanical fitter/engineer
• Basic electrical skills
• Ability to work from electrical drawings
The company have invested massively in their site over recent months and have big plans moving forward. This role comes with great scope for progression and development!
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me by applying within, calling Jacob on 0161 833 0181 or by email at Jacob.Champion@drnewitt.com