Maintenance Manager, North Wales
Location: North Wales
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager: To manage the preventative maintenance system on site to meet site targets for machinery uptime and parts costs by setting out systems for Planned Preventative Maintenance, Parts control and the monitoring of team performance. To contribute to the engineering team in a hands-on role as a skilled engineering resource when required and to stand in for the Engineering Manager where required.
• To be site lead in setting up Maintenance Connect, ensuring that parts management and planned maintenance is covered and covers any audit requirements for BRC and customer audits. Tasks are setup with priorities and expected completion time required and this is monitored against actual.
• Devise PM schedules and ensure all they are kept up to date, effectively planning optimum time when equipment is not in use and equipment performs to the OEM specification
• Escalating issues through the right channels and sharing findings and actions at the required time
• To carry out root cause analysis on all significant lost time events, provide corrective actions and timeframes for completion
• To manage the purchasing of parts and services in the most cost-effective manner to achieve the annual engineering budget and to ensure that all Legal Compliance checks are carried out on site.
• Logging and managing ETA of parts deliveries
• Managing Parts stocks and ensuring that stock takes are carried out to the Company reporting schedule
• To encourage the use of continuous improvement to maximise plant and machinery availability, identifying solutions and delivering agreed actions
• To assist in managing engineering spend to agreed budgetary levels, and to advise short term overspends together with corrective actions, where applicable
• To assist in the facilitation of daily engineering handover, reporting on KPI’s and outstanding works.
• Ensure that delivery of agreed SLA standards are maintained for Service Contracts, where appropriate
• To facilitate the capture of relevant performance data of machinery to assist in the effective management of process performance
• To be aware of the framework for managing all contractor activity on site, both within and outside production hours, and ensure all activity is managed accordingly
• Assist in any people related HR procedures including investigations, disciplinary and grievance procedures
• To ensure the site complies with relevant environmental legislation
• To be aware of, understand and adhere to food safety and quality procedures.
• To be aware of, understand and adhere to the maintenance of good GMP.
• To keep the General Manager informed of any issues which may affect the finances or reputation of the Company
• To always lead and constantly promote the Company values
Management experience within an engineering function.
Experience working in FMCG environment or similar fast paced manufacturing operation.
Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
Experience of managing projects from design to sign off
In depth understanding of mechanical, electrical and logic control systems
Experience of computerised maintenance management systems.
Experience in writing and reviewing RAMS
MON-FRI 7:30am- 5pm, 45 Hours per week
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.