Maintenance Engineer, Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a fantastic role based in Sheffield. My client is a major engineering firm in the FMCG environment. The role will be to provide maintenance, breakdown and support engineering to customer owned equipment on site. You will be working as a team member to maximise efficient operation in a safe working environment.
Title – Maintenance Engineer
Salary - £32,000 (increases to £34,000 after 12 months)
Location – Sheffield
The Role -
• Perform routine, planned maintenance on all customer equipment and observe daily, weekly and monthly tests and recording policies
• Perform breakdown repairs on customer machines in a timely manner and minimise loss of production.
• Pro-actively communicate with all team members, supervisors and manager at start and end of shifts to ensure all are aware of completed maintenance / repairs and outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
• Make suggestions to improve working practices.
• To ensure good housekeeping at all times ensuring both workshop and shop floor areas are clean and tidy and tools are returned at the completion of every job/end of every day.
The Candidate –
• Electrically qualified, multi-skilled engineer. Good mechanical background.
• FMCG experience
• Knowledge of fluid power systems (desirable)
• Experience with Compressor Plant (desirable)
• Inverter and PLC equipment.
• Hydraulics & Pneumatics experience
• Ability to understand wiring diagrams
• Gas experience (desirable)
This is a very exciting opportunity for candidates who are willing to learn and want to progress their career.
If interested please contact Jacob Champion on 0161 833 0181 or at Jacob.email@example.com