My client is a well-established and reputable company in the Food industry, renowned for its commitment to excellence and innovation. They are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Mechanically Biased Maintenance Engineer to join our maintenance team and contribute to the efficient operation and continuous improvement of our machinery and processes.
Position: Mechanically Biased Maintenance Engineer
Role Overview: As a Mechanically Biased Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for performing breakdown maintenance, fault finding, and planned preventative maintenance on our machinery and equipment. Additionally, you will play a key role in machine and process improvement projects, ensuring the installation and successful integration of new machinery. Your expertise in diagnosing and rectifying faults swiftly will help to minimize unscheduled downtime, contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of their operations.
Shift: Week 1: Monday to Friday, 6am-2.30pm & Week 2: Monday-Thursday, 2-10pm & Friday 2-9.30pm
• Perform breakdown maintenance and fault finding on mechanical and pneumatic systems, quickly diagnosing issues and implementing effective solutions to minimize downtime.
• Contribute to machine and process improvement projects, optimizing efficiency, safety, and changeover times.
• Assist in the installation and commissioning of new machinery, ensuring proper integration and functionality.
• Execute planned preventative maintenance tasks, adhering to strict time schedules and contributing to equipment reliability.
• Prioritize key areas for immediate response and rectification to minimize production disruptions.
• Continuously improve equipment and machinery to enhance safety, efficiency, and reliability.
• Utilize your multi-skilled expertise, including electrical and mechanical knowledge, to handle a variety of maintenance tasks.
• Collaborate with the maintenance team and other departments to ensure seamless operations and coordinated maintenance efforts.
• Stay updated on industry best practices and advancements, incorporating relevant knowledge into maintenance activities.
• Operate within the designated shifts, including dayshift and backshift, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience in the Food industry is preferred, with a strong understanding of its specific requirements and regulations.
• Multi-skilled with a mechanical bias, possessing knowledge of electrical systems and PLCs.
• Familiarity with pneumatic systems and their maintenance.
• Experience in diagnosing and rectifying faults swiftly, reducing downtime and improving operational efficiency.
• Ability to interpret technical documents, schematics, and manuals.
• Adherence to Health and Safety, Food Safety, and Hygiene practices and regulations.
• Proactive and results-oriented, with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within a team environment.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Alan Benny on 0131 226 5060.