Maintenance Engineer, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Are you a Multi-skilled Engineer (Elec) looking for a new position?
Currently i am working with a large manufacturing client with over 5 sites across the U.K, manufacturing an array of specialised products for all top U.K retailers in the form of own-branded products. This role is based at the businesses Milton Keynes facility, which is forecasting a CAPEX expendature of between £9m and £10m as the site will be at the forefront of new product releases, meaning the opportunity to get involved with an array of Engineering products and installations of whole new production lines and modern equipment.
The majority of the team have over 10 years service, and this role is available due to an engineer moving into a more project-focussed position.
4 on / 4 off, days and nights, 6-6
£42,546.46 + pension, life assurance, 240hrs holiday and free parking
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will report to the Maintenance Manager on site, taking responsibility & ownership for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of operational goals and targets.
• Rapidly diagnose and resolve both mechanical, electrical and basic control and instrumentation faults
• Lead maintenance activity to agreed standards and the planned preventative maintenance plan.
• Lead Continuous Improvement activity to improve equipment reliability and reduce wastage.
• Design, trial and implement minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
• Work collaboratively with all teams on site to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement
You will be an Apprentice trained or time served electrically biased Multi Skilled Engineer. Ideally you will have experience working as an Engineer in a FMCG Manufacturing Plant. 18th Edition is essential and PLC experience would also be beneficial.
If this role is initially of interest, please apply, and Alex Williams will give you a call to discuss your CV in more detail.