Machine Minder Mon-Fri 7am-4pm, West Midlands
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! With a very low turnover of staff and a real emphasis on people development, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit...
ROLE- Reporting into Maintenance Engineer
As a Machine Minder you will be responsible for operating the machine ensuring smooth running and care of production line equipment across your room. Minimizing downtime issues and adhering to health and safety, food safety and customer requirements. Work will be reactive, responding to breakdowns and H&S issues, or planned following preventative maintenance schedules. Working as part of a team or stand alone will be essential in this varied and challenging role.
• Prior to start of production to ensure that the machine and equipment is in full working order
• To safely operate, maintain and clean all machinery
• To ensure that all pre start up checks are completed to the required SOP standard and relevant paperwork completed
• To inform when consumables such as inks, grease and oil are running low
• Minimise packaging waste through accurate set-up and minimised re-work
• To provide preventative maintenance on a regular basis as per maintenance schedule
• To rectify simple machine operational faults and effectively report more complex faults to the Engineering team
• Minimise downtime on the line, ensuring all machines are running at the correct speeds as defined by machine speed criteria
• Ensure ongoing communication with Engineering Manager and Line Supervisor in order to keep each other informed of any problems or potential problems likely to impact production
• General housekeeping of own working area
• To complete on a daily basis the check sheet, report any defects/faults, to the Supervisors, signed and returned to the maintenance room as soon as it is complete to the Engineering Manager
• To follow instructions from the Production Manager/Line Supervisor when working outside normal shift hours, in order to maintain machinery
• To ensure that before the line is started all health and safety is considered for all staff within the area and the relevant alerts are issued
• To be aware of, understand and adhere to food hygiene procedures
• To adhere to company rules and regulations
• To meet health and safety standards
• Ensuring that sharp objects are handled appropriately according to the SOP
• Working with ladders when required and carrying out the necessary training
• To complete job parts and book out parts in and out as required by SOP
• To guide and ensure all work undertaken by the Mechanical Maintenance Engineers is completed and all records and guidelines are adhered too
• Maintain all records in accordance to legal requirements.
• Any other duties which may arise commensurate with the grade of the post as directed by Production Manager/Engineering Manager
• Ensuring that all jobs that require reporting to the Maintenance Connection system are reported to the Line Supervisor who will enter the details
Attending any relevant training courses/workshops/meetings as required
You will have previous experience working on the maintenance of machinery within a factory environment. Any engineering qualifications or experience would be desirable.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.