Our client is one of the UK’s leading Food brands. The Food Industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Warehouse and Logistics Manager and is situated in Cumbria – a more specific location is available on the application. To be responsible for the recruitment and training of supply chain employees and provide periodic performance evaluations.
• Applying for relevant documentation for target countries on the government website.
• Completing all the relevant paperwork prior to collection to prevent any problems in transport or going through customs.
• Making sure all our materials arrive on time for our global events.
• To show creative flair when things are not going so well, someone who makes things happen when they we’re up against it.
• Negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers
• Working with procurement managers and customers on product selection
• Planning and overseeing incoming and outgoing deliveries
• Overseeing logistics, warehouse and transport services
• Planning and analysing budgets and expenditures
• Enforcing industry laws and regulations and company policies
• Resolving complaints and issues regarding the supply chain
• Maintaining customer service logs and safety records
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience with the workings of couriers and customs alike
• A strong personality with a can-do attitude
• Takes ownership of the department and runs it efficiently
• Strong communications skills in order get things done
• Excellent attention to detail, showing ambition for the quality of work produced
• 5+ years’ experience in logistics management and supply chain management
• Proficiency in logistics and inventory management software
• Service-focused to deliver a high quality service with solutions to technical and production
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• From £45,000 (negotiable based on experience).
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with Craig Russell ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me on 0131 226 5060 for more information