Logistics Manager, South East England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, are a large and well-known FMCG Manufacturer with an excellent reputation in the industry. A new vacancy has arisen for a Logistics Manager to take charge at the large, busy site in North London.
This is a senior level role that requires an experienced and professional candidate.
• To be wholly responsible for the provision of an end to end physical supply chain capable of meeting the demands of the business in a cost-effective manner
• To own and drive an operation fully compliant with Health and Safety requirements and within the safety of our staff a paramount consideration at all times
• To agree and drive key performance indicators to ensure the Supply Chain operation is performing as required. To ensure SLA targets are met with internal and external customers and to review and drive performance metrics to support operational stretch and planning considerations
• To represent the supply chain function within the organisation, develop strong relationships with other departmental leaders and to effectively communicate between peers and the Operating board / shareholders. To act as a Subject Matter Expert when determining tactical and strategic priorities and engaging with internal and external development programmes
• Through the wider engagement with the business and Operating board, develop a 5-year physical supply chain strategy that ensures that the businesses growth demands are achieved
• To lead by example for the Supply Chain function and the wider business in all internal and external engagements. Provide direction and set the vision for the function. Encourage, lead and develop high potential within the team
• To ensure effective preparation for key trading events, coordinating the required information from the wider business with the demands of the physical operation
• Highlighting as appropriate key areas of challenge for discussion and joined up decision making
• Own and maintain key third-party relationships to ensure that our service providers deliver a service in line with agreed SLAs, at an acceptable cost.
• 3 years+ Experience of being fully accountable / leading a Supply Chain or Logistics function within a reputable business
• 5 years+ of senior management within a supply chain or logistics function for a Multichannel business
• Deep understanding of warehouse and transport operations to enable effective oversight and quick identification of challenge / opportunities
• Customer centric approach and ability to demonstrate the customer being central to decision making
• Commercially astute, key budget holder responsibilities and able to demonstrate strong cost management
• Change and Programme Leadership experience, demonstrating sound knowledge of governance and an ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
• Experience of operating in a seasonal environment
• Understanding of international movements and supplier management and compliance
• A natural agitator and driver of change to constantly challenge the operation and the wider business
• Strong stakeholder management skills, effective communication and able to build relationships in a matrix style
• Natural leader, good empathy and engagement skills and an ability to coach and mentor the Supply Chain team
• Ability to determine when to be engaged in the detail and when to remain at a high level to ensure effective decision making and escalation
• Effective at balancing short- and longer-term priorities
• Highly numerate
What’s on offer?
• A very competitive salary up to £60K and benefits package
• The opportunity to join a developing company who will offer genuine opportunities for career progression
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity then please upload your CV today