Global Food Business
Broxbourne, Herts, £30K
A leading importer and exporter of food products. Established over 50 years ago they now have 15+ offices worldwide and are a trusted supplier of a wide range of food products. Due to increased business needs, they are seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their team in Broxbourne to support the logistics manager with import and export trading functions.
Due to the business being in high demand the new Logistics Coordinator need to be able to “hit the ground running” so must have a solid international logistics background, the duties will be varied and include.
• Checking with suppliers that goods are ready for despatch.
• Booking trucks/containers, Chasing suppliers/hauliers
• Booking in deliveries with customers/cold stores
• Organising Port Health/Customs Clearance
• Checking deliveries into stock to ensure the correct quantity is received.
• Raising sales invoices/credit notes/debit notes
• Checking & passing of purchase/freight/storage invoices
• Obtaining freight quotes
• Adding, controlling, reconciling stocks and preparing reports
• Adhering to the full requirement of the role concerning Food Safety Legality and Quality.
• Inputting contracts onto the company system for deals passed by traders.
• Arranging delivery schedules with suppliers
• Ensuing customer/supplier queries are resolved.
Your Skills & Experience
To be considered as the new Logistics Coordinator you will need.
• 2/3 years in logistics/shipping/transport – import essential.
• Freight experience of European and international container shipping
• Knowledge of EU and non-EU import & export processes & documentation
• Advanced Excel – solid experience with pivot tables, formulas, and setting up and maintaining spreadsheets. Strong IT skills.
• Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment, working to deadlines and adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
If successful, the salary is £30,000.00 + benefits. Only once passed probation hybrid working is available. Working hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.