Senior Development Technologist, South West England
Sector: New Product Development
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
Senior Development Technologist
Are you ready for your next challenge? Want to work with a global processing company?
I am currently working with a global fruit processing company who manufacture for major retailers within jams, chilled desserts and compote. As part of their continued and rapid growth, they are looking to recruit a Senior Development Technologist to join their Innovation Team.
• Customer visits – supporting commercial team during submission of new products.
• Manage new product launch projects from concept to launch.
• Develop products in response to marketing requirements and briefs ensuring to deliver the relevant documentation in liaison with marketing and quality departments.
• Assistance in the factory to resolve problems arising from product recipe and process.
• Understand and use the pilot plant and development lab and suggest improvements accordingly.
• Cross functional liaison with other departments – marketing, technical, purchasing, production, and subsequent NPD procedures.
• Oversee the organisation of industrial trials.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years industry working within a NPD environment.
• Project management experience – overseeing projects from concept to launch.
• Excellent communication – written and verbal.
• Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure.
• Experience working with major retailers.
• Degree in Food technology, Food Science or relevant field
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading growing businesses in the industry. There is a competitive salary on offer together with excellent benefits – company pension, childcare vouchers, 25 Days holiday (+ 8 Bank), company sick pay, wellbeing tests and recognition bonuses.
If you have experience as a development technologist within a NPD environment and are looking for an exciting new challenge, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or you can contact Luke Kolbohm on 0161 833 0181 for a confidential discussion.