Senior Concept Development Technologist
Sector: New Product Development
Job type: Permanent
Do you have a real passion for food?
Do you have a creative edge with an understanding for current and future industry trends?
I’m currently working with a fantastic business who work within delicious baked goods. Reporting to the NPD Manager the prosperous candidate will develop, identify & deliver products from initial concept through to launch. The business are a diverse global ingredients, food and retail group with sales of over £10 billion operating in over 45 countries.
As part of their continued and rapid growth, they are looking to recruit a Senior Development Technologist to join their New Product Development team.
The position is responsible for the coordination of new product development projects, line management and the continued development of the existing product range.
• Coordination of new product development schedules and requirements within and between departments to ensure timely completion for launch
• To act as the primary point of contact with the customer and build a strong rapport through regular communication – covering a wide range of project updates, briefs and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• To maintain project documentation records to a high standard
• Understanding of the marketplace and industry – including current and future industry trends
• To provide regular project updates to the NPD Manager
• Management of NPD processes through current and new innovations.
• Project administration
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience working with baked goods (chilled and frozen)
• Previous experience in a development technologist role at senior level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the role will include primary customer contact to include - delivery of presentations, site visits and relationship management
• Methodical and organisational skills, with high accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills including the use of Word, Excel and Outlook to a high level
• A positive “can do”, pro-active attitude and demonstrate use of initiative
• UK Driving licence
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading growing businesses in the industry. There is a competitive salary on offer together with an excellent benefits package.
If you have experience as a development technologist at a senior level and are looking for a new challenge, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Luke Kolbohm on 0161 833 0181 for a confidential discussion.