Line Leader- DAY and NIGHT Shifts available, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company. It is also important to stress that this business has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing...
Job Purpose: Daily operations of a designated production line/ team within Production.
• With respect to Production metrics ensure support is given to the Shift Manager/ Production Manager as follows
• Efficiencies: Through the PIT process, record and escalate any issues affecting line/ team performance to the Team Leader and carry out actions that have been agreed in order to correct any losses.
• Giveaways: Using Omega reports, product giveaways should be reviewed and any issues affecting giveaways escalated to the Team Leader.
• Waste: Support the investigation/actioning of any non-conforming processes/ products in order to reduce waste and ensure that Batch Yield is on target.
• Labour costs: Be aware of the labour cost of the designated production line/ team and support the Team Leader/ Production Manager in efforts to improve this labour cost.
• DOT: Through effective planning and management of unplanned events on the designated production line/ team, ensure 100% DOT is targeted
• Customer Complaints: Deviations from quality should be actioned in order to minimise the risk of customer complaints.
• Ensure any issues regarding CCP’s are highlighted immediately to Shift Manager and QA team.
• Escalation of any product quality to Shift Manager.
• Manage the daily production function of the line/ team particularly planned and unplanned changes and non-standard work including
• Escalate any issues to the Team Leader/ Production Manager to ensure restraints to production/ team work are dealt with in a timely fashion.
• Ensure all information relating to their production line/ team is received and can be communicated to the relevant parties.
• Ensure that Full Traceability is achieved for every batch of product through accurate recording of paperwork.
• Reporting of issues constraining production/ team work.
• Escalation of issues at the PIT meeting or other forums that require support in order to address.
• Support the Team Leader/ Production Manager in the implementation and improvement of procedures and processes to ensure required standards of work are met
• Assist the Team Leader/ Production Manager in progressing the teams development needs through cross training and continuous assessment of training needs.
• Provide supporting evidence to Shift Manager for all team appraisals.
• Provide recommendations to training function for all line operators.
• Ensure effective lines of communications are in place between the Production Line/ Team under the Line Leader’s supervision, and the Team Leader/ Production Manager.
• Daily personnel management including
• Liaise with the Team Leader on personnel issues and staffing requirements
• Monitoring of staff performance and escalation of any poor/ under performance.
• Positive motivation of reporting staff.
• Proactively engage the Team Leader/ Production Manager with ideas for personal development
You will have previous experience working in Food Manufacturing leading a team. You will be a good communicator ready to lead by example. My client offers excellent progression potential.
2 Different shifts available:
Shifts: Days = 4 on 4 off 06:00 – 18:00, Nights = 4 on 4 off 18:00 – 06:00
Hourly Rate: £11.09
Shift allowance: 12.5% on days and 33.3% on nights.
Hourly Rate for Days including shift Allowance: £12.48
Hourly rate for Nights including shift allowance: £14.78
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.