Trainee Specification Technologist, Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
Trainee Specification Technologist
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join a forward thinking and award winning company. This position will play a key role within the technical services team and lead exciting new projects for the business.
• After training management and co-ordination of customer and brand specifications systems (e.g. FIND, Hive Inspire, Hamilton Grant, et al.) for the business, ensuring the correct prioritization of specifications to meet customer deadlines.
• Checking and management of data in Hamilton grant and development of the specification management system
• Provision of specifications to meet customer expectations of accuracy and content.
• Provision of specification information/data for internal, customer and external parties.
• Provision of labelling and nutritional advice for departments across the group.
• Liaison with NPD, Marketing and Packaging teams to ensure timely generation of Pack Copy. Attendance at update meetings will be necessary in the execution of this task.
• Sourcing of information from sites or departments to enable completion of specifications.
• Approval of artwork to agreed specifications.
• Involved in Artwork approval and new recipe information. This may involve visits to printers and other artwork agencies
• Assist with development and use of the system (Hamilton Grant) to ensure accuracy of data and streamline workflows.
• Support for customer complaint enquiries
• Experience within the food industry. Ideally within technical administration, however this is not essential.
• A desire to learn and the confidence to challenge the norm. Be pro-active in looking for ways to improve the status quo.
• Attention to detail and an understanding of the role of accuracy of specifications information
• Competent administration skills, Word Processing, PowerPoint, Excel, and web based software a desire to problem solve and data gather to achieve this
• Ability to prioritise workload balancing the immediate and longer term aspects of the role to maximise the positive impact of the department.
• Be able to service all internal and external ‘customers’ with clear and accurate information/instructions in order to provide correct information in a timely manner
What’s on Offer?
• Competitive Salary
• Monday – Friday / Office Hours
• 25 Days Holiday + 8 Banks
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.