Quality Assurance Technician, South West England
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
Quality Assurance Technician
£19,000-23,000 Depending on Experience
We are recruiting on behalf of an excellent food manufacturer who are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join their team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career, however my client would also consider someone who is looking for their first role within the industry following graduation.
• Quality Assurance - ensure that all raw materials are sampled in a timely fashion according to procedures and if necessary sent off for the appropriate analyses. Review completed results with the TM or QM and if appropriate release materials for use in a timely manner. Carry out relevant quality checks and bulk density. Review CoA’s associated with incoming deliveries and take action as appropriate. Record all raw material deliveries.
• GMP Audits - Carry out GMP Audits as to the schedule and report them promptly to the relevant departmental manager and follow up to ensure issues have been resolved and closed out adequately. Record your audits, actions and points scored. Communicate any graphs or significant trends to the relevant staff.
• Monitoring Checks - Carry out CCP verification, daily scale checks and any other daily or weekly monitoring, e.g. temperatures of refrigerators, environmental monitoring in warehouse etc. Ensure that all checks are carried out at the appropriate time. Ensure that if any ‘reading’ is out of range that appropriate action is taken immediately.
• Glass and Hard Plastic Control - Ensure audits are carried out as per the schedule and any damage is notified to the appropriate departmental manager.
• Allergen Monitoring of Plant & Equipment - As and when required carry out allergen swabbing, coupled with visual assessment, of plant and equipment. Manage the testing, re-testing and releasing of correctly cleaned equipment to production.
• Complete Internal Audits- as per the schedule.
• Under take Investigations and Root Cause Analysis as and when directed.
• Ideally will have experience within the food manufacturing experience within a quality/technical function.
• Degree educated within a food related subject if no previous experience within a similar role.
• HACCP and Food Safety qualifications would be advantageous but training would be provided.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060