Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity arises for a fantastic food business based in Lincolnshire who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their team. The business focuses on a wide range of food products supplying mainly into the Foodservice industry.
• Ensure that health and safety, quality and hygiene standards are observed and maintained at all times by all employees.
• Implement and maintain the company’s quality management system in line with current food safety legislation.
• Provide a technical point of contact for customers and resolve any technical & quality issues as they arise.
• Manage the company’s BRC accreditation and facilitate the annual auditing process.
• Update and approve BRC documentation as required and ensure the change log is maintained.
• Implement and maintain the HACCP system and act as the HACCP Team Leader ensuring that relevant meetings are held and formally recorded.
• To work closely with the operations team to ensure Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) are developed in line with new projects.
• Manage the supplier approval process in conjunction with relevant members of the technical team and procurement.
• Implement and maintain audit programmes to ensure site and factory GMP standards are maintained in line with BRC standards and industry best practices.
• Monitor and support the complaints process and aid investigations as required.
• Oversee the completion of product and own format specifications, and supplier documentation.
• Review new specification and product labelling requirements.
• Facilitate customer and third-party audits and assist in supplier auditing / assessments as required.
• Prepare monthly management review information for the Technical Department.
• Experience working within a food manufacturing environment operating at Technical Manager Level.
• Ideally degree educated in a food related discipline.
• Experience working to major retailers would be advantageous but not essential.
• Minimum of Level 3 HACCP
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.