Job type: Permanent
We are working with a fantastic multi-site FMCG manufacturer who are looking for a Packaging Technologist to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking for a new challenge and to be part of a forward thinking and innovative business.
• To specify new and amended packaging materials ensuring they are designed, manufactured and delivered to site fit for purpose to agreed quality, cost and timescales.
• To agree critical paths with NAM’s/Brand Managers/NPD/customers/suppliers/Operations for the packaging elements of projects, and to manage and deliver projects against these critical paths.
• To advise NAM’s/Brand Managers/customers/Operations in the making of packaging related decisions and their impact.
• To provide customers with technical packaging support.
• To arrange and manage packaging trials to ensure that new packaging is fit for purpose.
• To provide Brand Managers/customers with appropriate packaging information necessary to generate artwork and manage the artwork and approval process.
• To ensure accurate and timely completion of internal business systems and processes.
• To provide specifications for the packaging elements of new projects and to facilitate accurate costing and the making of good commercial decisions.
• To develop packaging solutions and innovations to meet the current and future requirements for all customers.
• To assist with the specification and commissioning of new packaging plants and processes.
• To identify and implement value optimisation opportunities.
• At least 2 years packaging development experience preferably within an FMCG/Food industry.
• Experience of working with the major UK grocers
• The ability to initiate and drive developments to completion against challenging timescales.
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise activity, and manage multiple projects.
• Knowledge of packaging and printing technology, methods and materials within the food/confectionery industry.
• Knowledge of legislation and environmental issues relating to packaging.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Good computer literacy skills.
• Full driving licence
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060