Quality Manager, South West England
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
We are working with an excellent food manufacturer who are looking to appoint a Quality Manager to their team.
You will need to have a Food Science or related degree with a solid Technical/Quality track-record. You will be comfortable writing QMSs and well accustomed to working to HACCP and BRC standards. You will be qualified to HACCP level 3 or above, an Internal Auditor and possess Level 3 Food Safety.
You must be confident, personable and able to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional capacity.
You will manage, continuously improve, develop and standardise Food Safety & Quality Management systems and your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure HACCP and all process controls are implemented and maintained to BRC standards and/or other accreditations.
• Conduct factory-based internal audits against the pre-determined schedule.
• Monitoring the standards of hygiene, housekeeping, food safety, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality.
• Ensure all complaints are investigated and root cause is established to enable solid corrective action implementation and drive complaint reduction and continual improvement.
• Identification of staff training needs and training of quality staff in quality procedures.
• Managing and maintaining the site TACCP/VACCP system.
• Undertake KPI reviews, reports, scheduling and corrective actions.
• Manage Pest Control Contractor and site activities to achieve desired standard.
• Supporting the Technical Manager regarding customer queries including SAQs where required by Sales.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060