Quality Assurance Technician, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Quality Assurance Technician
Lancashire – Local to Preston/Blackburn
We are working with a fantastic chilled food manufacturer who are looking to expand their team with a Quality Assurance Technician. Our client have experienced impressive growth in recent years are and looking to continue this moving forward.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
This is a shop floor based role to ensure the production of excellent quality and safe food that complies with company specifications, codes of practice and legislation. Post holders will work to support all stages of the manufacturing process from product development through to finished product manufacture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote quality, food safety and Health & Safety; assisting in driving the site Quality agenda and culture.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Carry out quality checks and site auditing including Critical Control Points (CCPs) verification audits.
• Actively participating in third party audits.
• Being fully conversant with all traceability systems including mass balance.
• Investigating and closing out complaints; work with the site teams on a reduction program.
• Managing the calibration of all site equipment (e.g. scales, probes).
• Collation and logging of samples/swabs to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
• Collection and preparation of product samples for product assessment/taste panel.
• Attending NPD production trials.
• Support the Quality Assurance Supervisor and the wider needs of the business.
Applicants will need:
• Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
• Basic Food Hygiene and Level 2 HACCP qualifications would be preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060