Raw Materials Technologist, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Raw Materials and Supplier Technologist
Lancashire – Local to Preston
We are working with an award winning chilled food manufacturer who are looking to expand their team with a newly created opportunity for a Raw Material Technologist. Our client is an industry leader and has experienced impressive growth in recent years and are looking to continue this moving forward.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to work in an autonomous role with the chance to develop the division moving forward. My client is at the early stages of creating an internal databases for their Raw Materials meaning you would be at the forefront of moulding the project into your own.
The position works alongside the Head of Technical to ensure that each of the factories of this multi-site business are working in harmony. The business is forward thinking and operates in various sectors of the food industry which you will gain exposure to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtain approval documentation from existing and potential new suppliers in the form of Supplier Approval Questionnaire (SAQ), formal accreditations (e.g. BRC, SALSA, ISO), and HACCP documentation.
• Complete risk assessments for raw materials and suppliers to ensure compliance to Food Safety, Customer requirements and all current legislation.
• Developing and maintain the Raw Material Ingredient Specification System.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Actively participate as a member of the HACCP and TACCP/VACCP team.
• Investigating supplier issues and complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Support the technical function and wider needs of the business as required.
• Experience in food manufacturing within a similar role dealing with suppliers, raw materials or technical documentation.
• Graduate within a food related discipline with either a placement year or exposure to food manufacturing.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060