Shift QA, Midlands
Job type: Permanent
East Midlands – Northamptonshire
We are working with a fantastic food business who are looking to appoint a Technologist to join their small Technical team. Reporting to the Technical Manager you will support the quality and technical functions. You will do this by co-ordinating supplier assurance documents and processes and helping to develop supply chain visibility and accountability.
• Obtaining, collating and interpreting incoming supplier assurance documentation, to include specifications, risk assessments and SSAQs / audit results.
• Prompting and monitoring the completion status of supplier assurance documents for new suppliers, new products and new supply chain routes.
• Maintaining and evolving supply chain maps for key risk assessment of raw materials and suppliers.
• Assessing new and alternative supplier raw material samples for use in all finished products
• Maintaining and evolving the Supplier Evaluation Database and extracting information from it as requested by colleagues.
• Assessing supplier performance and driving continuous improvement activities where necessary
• Developing supplier and maintaining internal Key Performance Indicators to identify priorities
• Identifying improvement opportunities
• Influencing the senior team and supply chain to support various project requirements
• Working closely with sourcing and quality teams to identify supplier issues and seek resolution
• Reviewing relevant documentation and systems in place and updating where required
• Assuring compliance against the relevant Codes of Practice
• Chairing supplier and material management related meetings
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing environment
• Confident in liaising with internal and external customers
• Strong, clear, direct and participative communication skills, oral and written
• Results focused
• Computer literate with experience working with computer systems
• Driving Licence (Car)
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.