Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
The opportunities arises for a Food Technologist at a fantastic chilled food manufacturer based in Somerset. They work with a large customer base out of their busy factory and pride themselves on investing time into training and promoting from within where they can.
This role reports into the Technical Manager, working alongside a wider team.
• Implement into all factory areas the standards by which the Company operates and seek to raise them continuously (includes production, goods in, engineering, process…)
• Training of staff against the systems and procedures in place
• Attending trials to create product standards in conjunction with NPD and Production Dept.
• Creation and improvement of Work Instructions, logs and reference documents
• Investigation of Factory non-conformances
• Investigation of customer complaints and implementation of corrective and preventative actions based on trending and analysis of data
• Managing the technical indicators, working with laboratory manager
• Carrying out internal and hygiene audits in conjunction with the appropriate departmental managers to verify that the factory is complying to all customer codes of practice and BRC standards
• Responsibility for pest control across the whole site
• Managing internal and external audit actions with the departmental managers to ensure these are reduced and completed within the given time-frame
• Reviewing internal Work Instructions and practices vs. customer codes of practice / BRC requirements to implement and train any required changes
• Experience of working within a food factory
• Ideally, knowledge of customer codes or practice and BRC requirements
• Experience of Quality Management Systems
• Degree educated or equivalent in Food Technology would be advantageous
• Good communication skills
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.