Raw Material & Supplier Technologist
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Raw Materials and Supplier Technologist
Lancashire – Local to Preston
We are working with a fantastic chilled food manufacturer who are looking to expand their team with a newly created opportunity for a Raw Material Technologist. Our client have experienced impressive growth in recent years are and looking to continue this moving forward.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The objective of this role is to work closely with the Technical, Product Development, and Commercial teams and suppliers to evaluate, risk assess and maintain accurate documentation relating to all existing and new raw materials and suppliers for the manufacturing group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtain approval documentation from existing and potential new suppliers in the form of Supplier Approval Questionnaire (SAQ), formal accreditations (e.g. BRC, SALSA, ISO), and HACCP documentation.
• Complete risk assessments for raw materials and suppliers to ensure compliance to Food Safety, Customer requirements and all current legislation.
• Developing and maintain the Raw Material Ingredient Specification System.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Actively participate as a member of the HACCP and TACCP/VACCP team.
• Investigating supplier issues and complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Support the technical function and wider needs of the business as required.
Applicants will need:
• Ideally educated to HND/Degree in a Food related subject or equivalent experience in food manufacturing within a similar role.
• Level 2 HACCP and ideally understanding of TACCP/VACCP, although training can be provided.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060