Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Lancashire – Local to Preston
We are working with a fantastic chilled food manufacturer who are looking to expand their team with a Quality Assurance Supervisor. Our client have experienced impressive growth in recent years are and looking to continue this moving forward.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
This is a shop floor based role to ensure the production of excellent quality and safe food that complies with company specifications, codes of practice and legislation. Post holders will work to support all stages of the manufacturing process from product development through to finished product manufacture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote quality, food safety and Health & Safety; assisting in driving the site Quality agenda and culture.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Supervising the Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure that quality checks, calibration of equipment, site audits and laboratory samples/swabs have been completed to schedule.
• Actively participating in third party audits.
• Being fully conversant with all traceability systems including mass balance.
• Ensuring non-conformances are communicated and corrective actions are implemented for due diligence.
• Actively participate as a member of the HACCP and TACCP/VACCP team.
• Investigating supplier issues and complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Assist in all root cause investigations and continuous improvement across the manufacturing units.
• To maintain effective time management so that Quality/Technical targets can be achieved.
• Support the Site Technical Manager and wider needs of the business as required.
Applicants will need:
• Experience in a Quality Assurance role within a food manufacturing environment with good knowledge of quality management systems, food safety standards and hygiene policies.
• People supervision/management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail; ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines.
• Intermediate Food Hygiene.
• Level 2 HACCP including working knowledge of CCPs.
• Internal auditing qualification/experience.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060