Laboratory Technician, South West England
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
Somerset – Commutable from areas of Bristol, Somerset and Wiltshire
Rotating shift pattern / Sunday – Thursday
We have a great opportunity, within a food manufacturer based in Somerset for a Technical Compliance Officer to join the team on a permanent basis.
• To be able to carry out all tests within either the Chemi or Micro lab. Which will include Micro testing in the Micro lab and quality and proximate tests in the Chemi lab
• To be able to carry out environmental and plant hygiene swabs
• To be able to collate all out of spec results on the daily exception report and circulate to the designated list.
• To be able to ensure that all stock is rotated correctly, conduct stock-takes and notify the lab team leader when there is a need to order more stock
• To be able to carry out all media preparation
• To dispose of waste in a safe manner
• To carry out housekeeping duties as directed by the lab team leader/ housekeeping schedules.
• To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
• To be competent with lab data bases LIMs
• To determine and act on non-complying results by communicating information and following up with re-sampling and re-testing.
• To use positive release systems for product ingredients and finished product
• To respond to requests for product release by email/telephone
• To be able to decide when samples need to be retested.
• To demonstrate competency in testing via internal and external monitoring procedures.
• Ideally there should be at least 12 months lab experience working within either chemistry or micro laboratory. HOWEVER will consider a graduate for the position.
• Ability to work under pressure and assess work load and breaks to ensure all the testing required is carried in a timely manner
• To be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and outside factory contacts. .e.g. supplier and service contractors.
If you are currently working within a similar role and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.