Technical Support Manager, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Technical Support Manager
Attractive Salary + Package
A great opportunity arises for a global business within the food industry who are looking for a technical professional to join their team. The position consists of submission of accurate and timely information for tenders, supplier approval, specification approval, product safety testing, specification compliance, complaint handling, and maintaining the appropriate Business Management Systems.
• Be a clear point of contact for the business in all technical areas in the division.
• Ensuring Technical information for tenders is accurate, timely and cost effective
• Liaise with other members of the technical team to ensure compliance for all products and suppliers.
• Create and deliver product specifications
• Complete second party supplier audits
• Be the Technical representative for customer visits as required
• Dissemination of customer technical standards to suppliers to provide support with interpretation and implementation where appropriate.
• Be the lead for business unit in any new product launches / trials / suppliers including Technical Aspects of New Line Forms
• Ensure business unit is delivering on customer Technical objectives
• Conduct pre-production checks to ensure correct componentry
• Approve finished products for release to customer
• Ensure rejected deliveries are despatched from store as required, adequately segregated from conforming stock
• Supported centrally, perform intake assessments to demonstrate specification compliance and due diligence (sensory assessment, labelling compliance, microbiology assessment, nutritional analysis, species testing, antibiotic and pesticide residues, heavy metal testing etc. where necessary)
• Artwork Approval
• Provide first class customer service to colleagues and customers
• Experience within the food industry over the last 2+ years within a technical positon. Open on product category.
• HACCP experience
• Knowledge of BRC would be advantageous
I would be happy to discuss my client, and the position in more detail so please do get in touch. If you, or anyone you know would be interested in this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or give me a call on 0131 226 5060.