Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
We are working on behalf of a successful food business that has seen rapid growth and now requires to strengthen its Technical team, adding the role of a Specifications Technologist.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career in this field and join a well-established food business.
• To write finished Product Specifications for all new product lines on both customer web based and internal systems
• Co-ordinating and distributing specs and artwork from suppliers to customers
• Maintenance & updating of existing internal & customer product specifications
• Review and sign-off all Raw Ingredient and packaging Specifications
• Approval of label artwork and final label sign-off’s for new products
• Reviewing ingredients used in products against EU and customer requirements.
• Manage customer expectations and work to their tight deadlines
• Deal with multi suppliers based in the UK and be the key liaison for product specifications
• Be in daily communication (written and spoken) with our overseas customer’s technical teams
• Participate in Technical Meetings/Reviews
To be considered for this position, you must;
• Have a minimum of two years specification writing experience
• Be educated to HND/Degree level ideally in a food related discipline
• Hold good IT skills and be fully proficient in Excel, Word, Adobe
• Experience in using web based customer specification/quality systems an advantage
• Good awareness of nutrition and allergens
• A Good knowledge of labelling regulations
What they can offer:
• Attractive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience
• Working hours Full-time; 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
I would be happy to discuss my client, and the position in more detail so please do get in touch. If you, or anyone you know would be interested in this role, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0131 226 5060.