Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
• To manage and create internal product specifications
• Ensure product compliance is kept up to date in line with current legislation/regulation
• To develop and manage internal product photo standards
• To approve new suppliers and raw materials
• To manage supplier and raw material documentation (e.g. specifications and quality questionnaires)
• To develop and manage production manufacturing specifications
• To manage and manage client product specifications
• To work alongside the New Product Development manager to prepare new product information (nutrition, ingredient declaration, label, artwork checks).
• To manage the annual nutritional testing schedule for each product category.
• Raw material testing schedule.
• Completion of any customer questionnaire or queries regarding product information
• To follow and uphold quality procedures at all times
• To identify potential improvements to existing quality procedures and put these forward to the Technical Manager, as appropriate
• To assist the Technical Manager in preparation for audits (BRC, clients, Authorities)
• To undertake projects as directed by the Technical Manager (e.g. samples for NPD)
• Experience writing finish product specifications, ideally on retailer systems but this is not essential
• Experience with technical documentation and Quality Systems
• Food industry experience is essential
• Worked knowledge of HACCP
• Food related degree would be desirable
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060