Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Up to £45,000
We are currently working with a great client of ours who have experienced fantastic YOY growth as a business, which is why they are looking to add another Technical Manager to their team.
It is exciting time to join the team and the role will offer further development as the business grows.
This is not a factory based position.
• Provide technical advice and support to internal teams in support of product development processes and to assure product quality, safety and legality.
• Understand customer technical requirements including any brand or country specific requirements and provide technical expertise during customer visits and audits.
• Play an active role in supplier selection based on understanding manufacturing capabilities and adherence with technical standards.
• Attend line trials and first productions to ensure suppliers manufacture products to a consistently high standard.
• Visit supplier sites to undertake audits and trouble shoot issues.
• Undertake the production of technical specifications and artwork.
• Report performance on technical and quality matters with any recommendations regarding action to be taken.
• Coach other members of the Technical Team to develop colleagues’ skillsets.
• Support the company’s plans to implement a comprehensive Quality Management System.
• Degree in food related subject e.g. Food Science, Food Technology required
• Track record of performing technical and quality roles within a food manufacturing environment
• Experience in working closely with suppliers and customers
• Solid understanding of food related legislation
• Highly developed people skills with the ability to influence at a senior level and work collaboratively with peers
• Strong presentation skills
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060