Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
An excellent opportunity arises for a fantastic premium food manufacturer based in Kent for a Technical Manager.
The role will lead the technical function in the factory with a team reporting into the position.
You will be responsible for leading all audits on site, so the successful candidate must have experience leading customer & BRC audits.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To provide technical expertise in all aspects of raw materials, work in progress, finished goods and packaging.
• To monitor the microbiological, and quantitate status and trends for all production.
• To approve raw material suppliers and sub-contractors and maintain the Approved Suppliers List
• To co-ordinate supplier audits, and review supplier performance against defined standards.
• To control review of non-conforming products, customer complaints and to develop corrective action.
• Maintain HACCP.
• Monitor legislation and interface with technical control agencies, such as BRC
• Manage the internal audit system and oversee all customer audits.
• Liaise with customers on all technical issues and to maintain the company complaints procedure.
• Manage the Company pest control procedure.
• Maintenance and development of customer and in-house technical specifications
• Co-ordinate with NPD Manager and Process Technologist on Product life cycle and technical briefs.
• Maintain all policies relating to food safety.
• Oversee the maintenance of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Maintenance and monitoring of employee training records.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 266 5060