Technical Account Manager
Job type: Permanent
Technical Account Manager
Attractive Salary + Car/Car Allowance
• Provide front line response to quality and technical queries & rejections by direct customer liaison and effective communication that protects and maintains our brand reputation for quality and consistent high standards.
• Actively participate and lead as required in customer meetings, audits, workshops and briefings ensuring that agreed action plan is effectively communicated and implemented into the business. Represent the business at customer conferences and cascade communications internally relating to customer strategy, thought and analytical review
• Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with customers. Develop essential and strong networking capability.
• Accurate and timely completion, communication and follow up of all KPI trackers. Recognize our reputation and position within customer and against our competitors to deliver continuous improvement
• Using effective knowledge and persuasive skills to ensure quality standards and specifications agreed with customers are always in line with company targets, objectives and seasonal variations.
• Engage in product development throughout the supply chain including critical pathway for product, shelf life, logistics, format and packaging.
• Participate in key technical, procurement, operations and sales meetings ensuring that any requirement arising is documented and accurately acted upon in a timely manner.
• Review and maintain accurate and up-to-date customer specifications in adherence with commercial delivery. Analyse yield and wastage reports to ensure target margin delivery.
• Play a key role within the team developing the ability to support and provide cross functional cover.
• 3-5 years direct head office retail customer experience within technical / commercial or procurement function, within a short shelf life food supplier, with direct interface and engagement with UK operations.
• Proven experience of successfully operating within complex, commercially driven supply chains
• Project management capability with adherence to achieving agreed deadlines
• Face to face customer contact within head office must have been very regular
• Advanced abilities using the Microsoft package and all electronic data management systems
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060