Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Monday – Friday / Office Hours
Our client is a global food manufacturer who is looking for a driven and enthusiastic induvial to join their team as a Specification Technologist.
• Timely completion and approval of final product specifications to satisfy customer requirements
• In-depth understanding of the customer requirements and individual retailer web-based specification systems.
• Using Hamilton Grant Recipe Management System, calculation of nutrition and ingredient declarations as well as supporting NPD projects through recipe manipulation and calculations.
• Upload Back of Pack documents onto internal on-line packaging approval system.
• Conduct checks of new packaging to ensure accuracy and compliance against Pack Copy, Codes of Practice and Labelling Legislation
• Supporting Account Technical Managers with provision of technical and process information.
• Provision of product technical approval information for site external audits and ad hoc enquiries from customers
• Degree / equivalent in Food Science or related discipline is preferred.
• Previous experience in completing major retailer specifications is essential.
• Knowledge of Hamilton Grant or other recipe/specification management system is desirable.
• Good numeracy skills competence in the manipulation of technical data.
• Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail is crucial
• Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
If you are currently working within a similar role and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.