Job type: Permanent
We are working with a fantastic food manufacturer based in Telford, who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their team due to their recent growth. This is an exciting time to join the business and lead the technical function into new business markets.
• Overseeing Technical/Quality department to ensure the site achieves BRC and meets customer requirements.
• Label maintenance and set up of any new products.
• Involvement in ensuring HACCP is operated throughout the site.
• Involvement in the monitoring, investigating and trending of complaint data with emphasis in progressing the reduction of Customer Complaints to achieve & improve on company targets.
• Involvement in ensuring the site and systems records are prepared prior to both Technical Audits and visits.
• Customer facing and heavily involved in 3rd party audits. E.g. traceability program
• Review and enforce all codes of practice requirements and company policies
• Generate and maintain Technical KPI's.
• Manage and control customer product specifications.
• Communicate cross-functionally to resolve any quality issues and drive improvements in the factory.
• Ideally, degree level (or equivalent) qualifications in a food science/technology discipline
• A track record of delivering Technical/Quality strategy, and engaging with, leading and developing a skilled, motivated team.
• Track record of successfully delivering improvement projects within given timescales.
• Strong leadership skills with a proven track record and excellent stakeholder management.
• Experience of working with the major UK retailers & foodservice customers
• Excellent communication and people skills’
• Knowledge and experience of GMP, BRC and Red Tractor
• HACCP Level 3 ideally
• Technically competent with a good understanding of legislative and customer requirement.
• Can effectively motivate teams.
• Knowledge of All Microsoft office applications.
• The ability to manage the day to day whilst challenging the norm in a positive and constructive manner.
• Lead auditor qualification an advantage.
If you are currently working within a similar role and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.