Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Attractive Salary + Benefits
We are working with a fantastic premium food manufacturer based in the West Midlands who are looking for a Food Technologist to join their team. They are ideally looking for a chilled food experience and a degree educated candidate.
• Responsible for all technical matters relating to the products manufactured and packed by with particular reference to ensuring that the products meet both the customer’s specifications and the relevant legal requirements.
• Liaise with other Food Technologist and New Product developers from all customers.
• Advise the Production Manager on ensuring that the requirements on food safety and quality are fully met by ensuring compliance with the HACCP documentation and its procedures.
• Ensure the quality manual is current, and to control all documentation relating to the quality system and the manufacturing process.
• Co-ordinate third parties audits when and if required and ensure that all corrective actions are effective within the appropriate time scale.
• Ensure the internal audit schedule is maintained and devise corrective actions where necessary.
• Document all non-conformances and ensure they are handled in a suitable manner, investigate any trends, and challenge corrective actions.
• Assist in creating and developing new products, including all paperwork associated with new products to include HACCP, raw material and final product specifications, final product standards.
• Ensuring compliance with both BRC and Major Retailer manufacturing standards across the business.
• Degree level (or equivalent) qualifications in a food science discipline.
• Food industry experience and HACCP required.
• Food Safety Auditing Experience desirable.
• High Care environment experience desirable.
• Good communication skills for dealing with suppliers and customers
• Highly organized and self-motivated
If you have experience within the food manufacturing industry, or a recently and relevant degree and this is sounding of interest, please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0161 833 0181.