Group Technical Manager
Job type: Permanent
Group Technical Manager
Covering 2 sites in North Wales & Midlands
£60,000-70,000 + Benefits
An exciting opportunity arises for a Group Technical Manager due to substantial company growth. This has resulted in the opening of a brand new site, and due to this the business is looking for a proven technical specialist to ensure consistency throughout.
• To ensure the manufacturing operation is compliant with all food safety and quality standards
• Create and deliver an integrated business plan to ensure that technical and hygiene processes are resourced and directed to deliver manufacturing, customer and legal business objectives
• To drive continuous improvement in the areas of technical compliance
• At all times driving Food Safety and Quality during the manufacturing process
• To support the site Technical Managers in ensuring compliance with Company’s manufacturing operations and systems
• Work with Technical Managers in arranging and supporting all site visits. Co-ordinate any presentations as necessary and create site visit reports
• To build strong professional working relationships proactively with key customer representatives, ensuring specific technical business requirements are satisfied
• To support the site Technical Managers in meeting customer expectations relating to technical requirements
• Representing the Company across customer accounts on food business related matters
• Ensure customer KPI’s and reports are delivered in line with customer demands. Follow up and close out of actions from audits and customer queries in line with response times.
There are further responsibilities outlined in the job description, which I am happy to discuss if you are interested in the role.
• 5 years plus experience in a similar strategic role in a FCMG business
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Food Science/Food Technology
• Experience and sound knowledge of BRC and HACCP
• Ability to conceive and deliver strategic objectives relating to food safety and quality
• High level of planning and project management skills
• The ability to align supply chain partners to drive strategic development
• Ability to work in busy and fast moving environment
• Excellent people management skills
• Persuasive with highly developed communication and influencing skills
• Ability to motivate, train, develop staff and lead by example
If you, or anyone you know would be interested in this role, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0161 833 0181.