Technical Manager, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
We are working on behalf of fantastic food manufacturer who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their team based out of their factory in North Lincolnshire.
• Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality System for the site.
• To assist in ensuring that the requirements of the Food Safety and Quality Policy are continually met.
• To ensure that all products are manufactured to agreed specifications and under safe and hygienic conditions.
• To ensure that the safety of all products is assured by the implementation of recognised HACCP procedures to each production process, and to ensure that the procedures remain appropriate and effective.
• To ensure that defined Microbiological Standards and tests are in place and procedures implemented to meet those standards and so ensure product safety.
• To ensure that packaging is maintained according to specification.
• To liaise with all departments and managements over product quality matter.
• To liaise on quality problems and ensure that timely and effective corrective and preventative action is identified and undertaken on product and process by relevant personnel.
• To review and approve all quality documentation.
• To coordinate Resources and Personnel and make arrangements for Customer and Third Party audit Visits.
• To undertake Technical and Quality System Audits of suppliers and Sub-Contractors, and review and approve the same.
• Responsible for ensuring the calibration systems are being adhered to.
• Responsible for the Company’s Internal Audit System.
• To be responsible for the review and approval of non-conforming product and the Company’s Product Recall System.
• Proven experience within the food industry with ideally 5+ years in a management position.
• The successful candidates should have experience in effectively managing Retailer technical relationship, via routine communication and site visits.
• Familiar with and able to lead the site to achieve BRC unannounced accreditation and success with relevant retailer site approval auditing.
• Candidates need the ability to lead HACCP, including responsibility for all systems, procedures and records required to ensure safe and legal product and sufficient due diligence.
What’s on Offer?
• £55,000-65,000 Depending on Experience
• Monday – Friday Office Hours with Flexibility
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.