Our client is one of the UK’s leading food manufacturing brands. The food manufacturing industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the companies busy team, the role available is a Lab Technician and is situated in Cumbria – a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will provide an analytical service in both Chemical and Microbiological to support the site. The quality of the product made has to be assured at each step of the process. The results produced by our technicians will be used to grade the products.
• Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
• Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
• Responsible for the analysis of raw materials, packaging, intermediates and finished goods for microbiological, chemical and physical attributes
• Prepare specimens and samples
• Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, for example pH meter, auto-titrator, automatic pipettes, centrifuge and protein/fat/moisture analytical instrumentation.
• Keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and ensure the safe removal of waste
• Record, and where relevant, interpret results to present to senior colleagues
• Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled
• Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability
• Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the research
• Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
• Calibration of analytical Equipment
• Undertake ad-hoc analysis as required
• Ordering & provision of consumables & chemicals
• Maintenance of data systems
• Good laboratory practice ensuring their own Health & Safety and those around them
• Food science/ food technology qualification
• Experience in laboratory testing
• Experience in a food laboratory in a relevant discipline e.g Microbiology or Chemistry is desirable
• Knowledge of BRC, Regulatory and customer requirements is desirable
• Be self-motivated and a great team player
• Be organised, efficient and methodical
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Be analytically minded and continuous improvement focused
• Be quality focussed with a drive to ensure standards are upheld
• Have excellent computer skills
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company who are in a period of substantial growth just now
• From £22,000 per annum
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.