Job Title: Junior Product Developer
Location: East Anglia
Do you consider yourself an ambitious self-starter with a passion for innovative trend-based product development? Then I invite you to join our team as a Product Development Technologist and play a play a pivotal role in driving my client’s innovative success across the UK market!
A well renowned, high-quality ambient snacking company who are extremely passionate about their heritage and service, delivering top quality products for their customers for over 20 years!
• To oversee products from concept to launch in line with an agreed brief and critical path.
• Develop products which have clear reasons to believe, are delicious and take on board any relevant trends to ensure that they exceed expectations.
• Input product knowledge and customer insight within category team to ensure product development is aligned with all key customer requirements and meets financial measurements.
• Build and maintain customer relationships acting as the dedicated contact to provide accurate and consistent communication internally and externally whilst identifying and resolving issues promptly. To display a confident and knowledgeable manner in order to engage with customers; to research and understand their market/customer base/strategy and their processes to best understand best fit / use and application of products and their processes.
• Create and collate customer product samples for projects
• Ability to work autonomously and with a team;
• Ability to deal with a complexity of products, projects and customers
• Computer literate across Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Customer facing – to display a confident and knowledgeable manner in order to engage with customers
• Basic culinary knowledge of flavours, flavour pairings and how to make delicious products
• Ideally having some background in technical/quality/NPD sales
• Understanding health/nutritional/dietary benefits of products to be suggested or presented to the customer.
• Project management skills; flexible to travel and attend launches outside normal office hours
• Experience in a similar role within a food/ beverages manufacture environment
• Preferably a Food science/technology/nutrition, Product design Graduate or a foodie / passionate cook with Chef background or experience
What Awaits You
• Working in a fast-paced, encouraging work environment
• Chance to develop market leading product ranges
• Continuously growing business with opportunity for promotions
How to Apply
To apply for this position with my client, please send your most up-to-date CV detailing any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org