Job type: Permanent
My client are a well-established food business who have an excellent reputation globally. A new position has been created for an Ingredients Buyer to join the team at the site in Yorkshire.
This is a senior position that will suit an experienced Buying professional – ideally from the food industry.
- In accordance with company guidelines, manage the existing portfolio of suppliers, who supply the sites raw materials and ingredients
- Manage the stock levels of the finished goods produced by the factory, measuring availability
- Ensure high standards of purchased raw materials and packaging are maintained
- Negotiate competitive prices with the aim of reducing costs
- Find ways of developing the company’s products using alternative, cost saving ingredients whilst maintaining quality standards
- Food manufacturing experience is a MUST, preferably within a senior Procurement/Buying/Supply Chain role
- Dynamic and able to proactively work with other internal departments
- Passionate about reducing costs and identifying ways of improvement
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work well with the company culture and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary of up to £40,000
- Excellent benefits package
- The chance to join a market leading business
If you are interested in the role, apply with your CV today. For more information or a confidential chat, contact Toby Bigmore from D R Newitt.